Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
The KEEP Approach To Digital Preservation (Cardiff)
Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 9:30 AM - Wednesday, January 25, 2012 at 5:00 PM (GMT)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Keeping Emulation Environments Portable
The full programme is available for download by clicking here In summary, speakers from the consortium will consider the wide range of issues linked to emulation, and will focus in detail on the following topics:
- Emulation as part of an integrated digital preservation strategy
- Legal issues when using emulation tools
- Media transfer; presentation, discussion and demonstration
- The KEEP Emulation Framework: presentation (architecture, tools and services), discussion, demonstration and hands-on testing by delegates
- Metadata in an emulation environment: presentation, discussion, demonstration and testing
- The KEEP Virtual machine: architecture, portability and functionality
- Innovative services within emulation, computer science and video games communities: interaction and discussion
- There will also be a number of interactive tutorial sessions where delegates will have an opportunity to use the KEEP tools,
We are also pleased to announce that there will be special guest keynote address by Professor Ian Hargreaves, Professor of Digital Economy at Cardiff University and author of the recent report - "Digital Opportunity A Review of Intellectual Property and Growth" (click here to download) which is expected to make a substantial contribution to future policy on digital IP.
This event is free to attend but spaces are limited
For detailed information on how to travel to the Novotel Hotel in Cardiff, please click here. Preferential rates are available for delegates wishing to stay at the Novotel. To take advantage of these, please contact the Novotel at:
Tel (+44)292/0475000 Fax (+44)292/0481491 or E-mail H5982@accor.co
and inform them that you are a delegate at the KEEP event
Alternatively, there is an ETAP hotel located within walking distance of the Novotel - click here.
To book other hotels in central Cardiff we suggest you consult:
Project KEEP is co-financed by the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for research and technological development (FP7).